Since 2000, Peter Hynes CFP® has worked with university professionals and their families, helping to ensure that their university retirement assets are properly managed and aligned with their broader financial planning goals and priorities.
Typical questions that clients come to Peter for help with include:
- When can I retire?
- How much should I be saving?
- Are my portfolios too aggressive? Too conservative?
- What combination of retirement plans is right for me (ORP, 403b, 401k, 457b, etc.)?
- What retirement companies should I invest with (Fidelity, TIAA-CREF, etc.)?
- What should I do with old ORP/403b accounts at previous institutions that I’ve worked at?
- Is it better to rollover my accounts to my current institution, roll them over to an IRA, or leave them where they are?
- How much of my income can I shelter from taxes?
- Is Phased Retirement for me?
- How should I start drawing down my various retirement assets?
- When should I start my TSERS pension benefits?
- Which TSERS pension benefit option should I choose?
- When should I start taking Social Security?
- Do I need long-term care insurance?
Financial planning and investment management services are offered through Verity Asset Management (Registered Investment Advisor). Securities are offered through Verity Investments, Inc. (Member FINRA, SIPC).
Peter typically works with clients who have investable assets of $500,000 or more, on a percentage-of-the-assets-under-management basis.
For those with less than $500,000 in investable assets, a flat fee or hourly fee arrangement may be considered, depending on the circumstances.
Schedule An Introductory Call
Interested in developing a customized strategy for your unique investing, financial planning, and wealth management needs?
To schedule an introductory call, just click the green button.