Since 2000, Peter Hynes CFP® has worked with university professionals and their families, helping to ensure that their university retirement assets are properly managed and aligned with their broader financial planning goals and priorities.
Typical questions that clients come to Peter for help with include:
- When can I retire?
- How much should I be saving?
- Are my portfolios too aggressive? Too conservative?
- What combination of retirement plans is right for me (ORP, 403b, 401k, 457b, etc.)?
- What retirement companies should I invest with (Fidelity, TIAA-CREF, etc.)?
- What should I do with old ORP/403b accounts at previous institutions that I’ve worked at?
- Is it better to rollover my accounts to my current institution, roll them over to an IRA, or leave them where they are?
- How much of my income can I shelter from taxes?
- Is Phased Retirement for me?
- How should I start drawing down my various retirement assets?
- When should I start my TSERS pension benefits?
- Which TSERS pension benefit option should I choose?
- When should I start taking Social Security?
- Do I need long-term care insurance?
Financial planning and investment management services are offered through Verity Asset Management (Registered Investment Advisor). Securities are offered through Verity Investments, Inc. (Member FINRA, SIPC).
The Academic Wealth Management Process
Successful financial planning begins with identifying and prioritizing your goals, then aligning your financial landscape to fit that picture. During this meeting, we will learn about your current financial situation and what you would like to accomplish. We will gather your financial documents and use a short risk questionnaire to help structure our recommendations.
We will present and discuss your customized financial strategies and recommendations, adjusting as needed, based on our discussions.
Once you have approved the proposed financial strategies, we will work with you to put our recommendations into action. Using our collaborative online planning tool, we will organize all your financial components in one place and allow you to see how they are all interconnected.
We will continually monitor and update our strategies and recommendations to evolve with your changing situation. With our online client portal, you can view your finances in one easy-to-use place, accessible by phone, tablet or computer.
Peter typically works with clients who have investable assets of $500,000 or more, on a percentage-of-assets-under-management basis.
For those with less than $500,000 in investable assets, a flat fee or hourly fee arrangement may be considered, depending on the circumstances, with a minimum fee of $5,000 per year.
Schedule An Introductory Call
Interested in working with Peter in developing a customized strategy for your particular investment, financial planning, and wealth management needs?
To schedule an introductory call with Peter, just click the green button.